How can we help you?

Find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

General FAQs

Am I eligible to make a claim?

When an incident occurs which causes you to be injured or become ill, due to someone else’s fault, you may be able to claim compensation. National Claims handle thousands of personal injury claims, for all types injuries and illnesses.

How do I start my claim?

Starting your claim with us is simple. When you contact us we’ll ask you some details about your accident, injury and recovery. This is so that we can fully understand the cause, what happened and the impact your injury has had on your life. You can make a claim for personal injury yourself for free if it falls under the remit of the Claims Injury Portal.

What is No Win, No Fee?

Injury cases are conducted on a No Win, No Fee* basis. With no financial risk to you, we can help you receive the compensation you deserve.

*Customers pay up to 25% (incl. VAT) of the amount recovered towards solicitor costs and if you cancel outside your cooling off period, you may be charged a fee.

Will I have to appear in court?

Many individuals are understandably apprehensive about having to appear in court, since it may be a terrifying idea. However, the great majority of compensation cases are successfully settled prior to a final hearing in court.

How much compensation will I receive?

Each accident has a unique physical and financial impact, the average payment is mainly influenced by the severity of your injuries. However, we can give you an idea of how much compensation you can claim when you speak to us.

Can I claim for somebody else?

Yes, if you’re thinking of making a claim on behalf of a friend or loved one, then it’s likely we can help you. If you’re ready to speak to us about your loved one’s experience and how we can help them then please contact us.

Can I still claim if my accident was abroad?

If you’ve been injured abroad and it wasn’t your fault, it’s possible to make a compensation claim from here in the UK. National Claims have extensive experience in helping clients who have been injured in accidents abroad.

Road Traffic Accident

What evidence will I need to claim?

If you were able to collect evidence at the scene of the accident, we will ask you to share it with us. Useful information include information on the person at fault, details of any witnesses, photos of the accident site and photos of your injuries.

Can I claim on behalf of someone else?

If a loved one died as a consequence of a road traffic accident, you may be entitled to file a claim on their behalf. The persons who can make a compensation claim are stipulated by law, but we will be able to tell you whether you can make a claim on their behalf.

Can I claim if I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt

If someone else was to blame for your injuries in a car accident, you can file a claim for compensation. If it is discovered that not wearing your seatbelt contributed to the severity of your injuries, you will be deemed partially to blame for the accident, and your compensation amount will be reduced to reflect the degree of your fault.

Medical Negligence

Will I need to see a doctor?

To establish a claim for medical negligence, we need evidence of your injury, therefore you’ll have to go through a medical examination with an independent medical expert who specialises in creating reports for use as evidence in a court case. These reports are referred to as medicolegal reports.

Can I claim against my GP?

Yes, you can. In certain medical negligence cases, the claim is made against the GP, who is insured for these situations. Common reasons for making claims against GPs include misdiagnosis, poor care and errors with prescription medicine.

Can I claim against a dentist?

Yes, whether you were treated privately or by the NHS you can make a claim against your dentist if you have sustained an injury or illness due to receiving poor treatment or substandard care. This can include anything from misdiagnosis, wrong tooth removal, nerve injuries, infection and problems that could eventually lead to oral cancer.

Injuries at Work

I’m self-employed, can I still claim?

Yes, you certainly can. The same health and safety protections apply to self-employed contractors engaged by a third-party company as they do to employees. Contractors are used in a variety of industries, such as, construction, financial services, retail, healthcare, and information technology.

What if I work in a high-risk sector?

The majority of workplace accidents are avoidable. Typically, this is accomplished through improved, more complete training, as well as HSE-compliant safety measures and maintenance. If you’ve had an accident at work in a high-risk centre, we will be able to help you discover if you are entitled to make a claim.

What if I’m partially to blame?

Even if you were partially to blame for your work injury, you can still file a claim under contributory negligence. Our team can help you find out if your claim will fall under contributory negligence.

Slip, Trip and Fall

Who is responsible for my accident?

It all depends on the location of the accident. If you fell in a public building, such as a library, parking lot, or swimming pool, the structure’s owners would be responsible. If you’re at a store, restaurant, or similar establishment, the business owner is responsible. If you trip and fall on the street due to a defective pavement, a broken curb, or a faulty staircase, the liable party is the council or local authority.

What records do I need after my injury?

Photographs of the surface or hazard that caused the slipping or falling accident are very strong pieces of evidence. Photos can highlight damaged flooring, an obstacle that obstructed your path, a liquid spillage or any other hazard that caused the accident. It is also important to take photographic evidence of the injury itself.

How serious does my injury have to be?

An injury sustained as a result of a slip, trip, or fall might be visible right away, such as a sprain, fracture, or bleeding wound. However, the full degree of an injury, such as soft tissue or spinal damage, might take months to manifest. If you’ve slipped, stumbled, or fallen over and injured yourself – even if it appears minor – you may be eligible for compensation.

Faulty Products

Who is to blame for a faulty product?

You have the right to file a defective product claim for compensation if a faulty product causes you physical harm. This is often directed at the manufacturer, although it might also be directed at an importer or retailer.

What products are likely to cause harm?

Any product could cause harm. These can range from beauty and cosmetic treatments, to kitchen ‘white goods.’ You can file a claim if you’ve been hurt by a defective product in the last 3 years.

What injuries can faulty products cause?

Compensation for defective products is awarded for everything from relatively minor cuts and abrasions, up to broken limbs and even more severe injuries. Other injury types include burns, rashes or scars and food poisoning.

Housing Disrepair Claims

Can I be evicted for starting a claim?

No, you cannot be evicted for commencing a Housing Disrepair Claim. Your Council or Housing Association is expected by law to keep your property up to legal standards of repair as part of your tenancy agreement.

Our job is to ensure those works are completed and that you are compensated for the stress and inconvenience. Our purpose is not to worsen your relationship with your Landlord.

When can I start my housing disrepair claim?

You can start court action to claim compensation during your tenancy or up to 6 years after it ends. We highly recommend you start your claim whilst your are living in the property as this will enable us to arrange an independent surveyor to gain access to your home and complete a full list of repairs that need doing. Starting your claim during your tenancy, will also order your landlord to do repair works.

Can I claim for inconvenience caused?

You can claim compensation if you’ve suffered inconvenience or have not been able to use your home in the normal way as a result of the landlord’s failure to repair your home, significant disruption during the repair work. How much compensation you can get depends on the level of disrepair, the rent you pay and the repair problem’s effect on you and your family.

Still need help?

Call icon
Call us
Chat icon
Chat on WhatsApp

Hassle-free claims process

Our expert panel of solicitors can typically confirm almost immediately whether your claims application is likely to be successful and also give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.