Electrical hazards

Electrical hazards

All landlords, including councils and housing associations, have a responsibility to make sure your home is fit for purpose and resolve any issues.

It is reported that electricity is the cause of more than 20,000 accidental fires every year, making electric repairs and maintenance at your property paramount for safety.

If you live in a house owned by a council or housing association, it is your duty to report hazards as soon as possible and facilitate checks and repairs. However if this isn’t done in a reasonable time frame you can claim compensation.

National Claims have a team of helpful agents on hand to talk you through the claims process and support you throughout to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. You can contact them on 0800 029 3849 or start your claim online.

By only working with leading UK law firms, which operate on a no-win-no-fee guarantee, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Get in touch today if your landlord has failed to resolve an electrical hazard at your council or housing association home.



Find out if you have a claim

Get free, no obligation advice from claims specialists.

Related News

Hassle-free claims process

Our expert panel of solicitors can typically confirm almost immediately whether your claims application is likely to be successful and also give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.