Landlord responsible for pest control

Finding out who is responsible for resolving pest infestations in your council or housing association property.

Pests include animals like rats, mice, wasps, cockroaches and ants. As an example of how quickly a pest infestation can escalate it is thought that in just six months, two rats can turn into a family of 50.

Housing associations and councils have a duty of care to make sure your rental property is safe to live in. If an infestation has occurred due to broken vents, holes in the wall or general poor maintenance it is the responsibility of your landlord. If an infestation is making the property unsafe for you to live in, your landlord could also be responsible.

National Claims knows how stressful infestations can be and their team of agents are on hand to discuss your claim and next steps. It is important to have a copy of your tenancy agreement to hand to help our agents with their assessment of your claim.

National Claims work with the UK’s leading law firms, which operate on a no-win-no-fee basis, and is trusted by thousands of others in their time of need, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Call now on 0800 029 3849 or start your claim online.



Find out if you have a claim

Get free, no obligation advice from claims specialists.

Related News

Hassle-free claims process

Our expert panel of solicitors can typically confirm almost immediately whether your claims application is likely to be successful and also give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.