Structural damage

Structural damage can spell disaster

Structural damage is defined as anything that affects a property’s foundation, walls, roof, or load-bearing walls.

When a property suffers structural damage there is an increased risk of collapse, making it an incredibly unsafe place to live.

A report last year revealed that UK properties are becoming more likely to collapse due to subsidence caused by climate change. If your home begins to show signs of structural damage such as cracks or leaning walls, it is your landlord’s responsibility to arrange an inspection and resolve any issues.

If you rent your home from a housing association or council and they are slow to react or neglect the issue completely, it could be seen as a breach of your tenancy agreement and you could claim compensation.

If you believe your council or housing association home is unsafe due to structural damage which is either being neglected or not resolved quick enough, contact National Claims. Their team of helpful agents are on hand to discuss your claim and walk you through the process. You can contact them on 0800 029 3849 or start your claim online.

By only working with leading UK law firms, which operate on a no-win-no-fee guarantee, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Get in touch today if your landlord has neglected or been too slow to resolve structural damage at your council or housing association home.



Find out if you have a claim

Get free, no obligation advice from claims specialists.

Related News

Hassle-free claims process

Our expert panel of solicitors can typically confirm almost immediately whether your claims application is likely to be successful and also give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.